Blog post 10: Reading assignment
September 17, 2013 8 Comments
In this blog post, publish your notes from Kobré, chapter 1 (and page vi), and chapter 15. Your notes must appear in the form of two (2) numbered lists, one for each chapter. Write a brief statement above each list to explain or summarize that list.
The goal is for you to highlight or capture the ideas or information that resonated most strongly with you, in a format that other people might find interesting to read.
The list is not meant to represent everything in the chapter. It should represent what was most meaningful to YOU. Thus each student’s list will be different.
Please approach the reading with an open mind, with an attitude that there is much of use to be learned from this book. That’s why I assigned it — I think it’s well written and has wonderful examples.
Requirements for your list items
- Write each note as a complete and grammatically correct sentence (or sentences).
- Include the relevant page number(s) from the book with each individual item.
- Do not quote from or paraphrase the book (you may quote a phrase of a few words, but do not reproduce whole sentences). Think for yourself. Process the idea and say it in your own words. Be brief. Be clear. Write well.
- Don’t list anything you consider to be obvious.
- Make at least two items in each list.
There is no maximum number of items in either list.
Requirements for your blog post
- The length must be (minimum) 300 to (maximum) 500 words.
- Write intelligently so that a prospective employer, reading your post, will think you are smart and interested in learning about photojournalism.
- Write an appropriate and interesting headline for your blog post.
- After you publish your blog post ON YOUR OWN BLOG, copy the URL of your post page and paste it in a REPLY to this post, here, on this blog. If you paste a complete URL on a line by itself, it will automatically become a working link. That is what I want.
Please read about grading criteria for blog posts in this course. Those criteria apply to all blog post assignments.
Tuesday, Sept. 24, at 9 a.m.
Your reply posted here must be submitted before 09:00:00 in order to receive credit.