Blog post 23: Multimedia
November 7, 2013 7 Comments
Choose any one story from this list of 2013 winners: Best of Photojournalism 2013 Multimedia. Please choose a different story from other students who posted before you did.
NOTE: Be sure to select a STORY with AUDIO.
In your blog post, do all of the following:
- Provide the title of the story, and make the title a direct link to the main story page.
- Summarize the story (do not copy/paste anything; use your own words).
- Tell how the story made you feel as you watched and listened to it.
- Discuss the images (specify whether they are video or stills or both). You may compare them to images from some other visual media; for example, are they cinematic? Are they like print news images? Are they like TV news images?
- Discuss the audio — both its content and the way it contributes to the story.
- Separately, discuss the use of natural sound (nat SOT) in the story.
Requirements for your blog post
- The length must be (minimum) 300 to (maximum) 500 words.
- Write intelligently so that a prospective employer, reading your post, will think you are smart and interested in learning how to tell stories.
- Write an appropriate and interesting headline for your blog post.
- After you publish your blog post ON YOUR OWN BLOG, copy the URL of your post page and paste it in a REPLY to this post, here, on this blog.
Please read about grading criteria for blog posts in this course. Those criteria apply to all blog post assignments.
Tuesday, Nov. 12, at 9 a.m.
Your reply posted here must be submitted before 09:00:00 in order to receive credit.