October 29, 2013 7 Comments
The resources we used in class: Week 10.
Your CSV data
Make sure you use the counties BLOCK assigned to you. If you use the wrong counties, or omit any schools, no points.
- Go to the resources page (Week 10, linked above!) to find the link for mailing addresses for all Florida schools. Download the giant spreadsheet. Open in Excel.
- Find ALL of your assigned counties and copy all the rows for each of your counties. Don’t miss anything.
- Paste all the rows you copied into a new Excel spreadsheet. New file. Not a new sheet.
- Close the big spreadsheet file and just keep it, unchanged. Use only your new spreadsheet for everything else.
- Lots of things need to be cleaned up in this data. Instructions can be found here.
It is essential that you clean your data carefully BEFORE you save as a CSV file.
Saving the CSV is the final step BEFORE you make the Fusion Table. Read more of this post